FungiFast by Credence Genomics is a rapid, accurate testing method specifically designed to identify fungal infections and contaminations in clinical as well as industrial environments. The test detects and profiles the entire spectrum of known fungi present in the patient / industrial samples while providing the relative abundances of each species of fungi present in the sample within 48 hours.
FungiFast for a multitude of industries
- Superficial, Subcutaneous and systemic fungal infections
- Opportunistic fungal infections in immunocompromised, transplant or parenterally fed patients or in Individuals on corticosteroid treatment or heavy antibiotic therapy
Fungal contaminations in food and beverages / agricultural products / dairy products / pharmaceutical products / cosmetic and personal care products
- Environmental and marine microbe profiling
- Bioremediation efficiency testing
- Veterinary care
What is FungiFast
Eliminating the need of culturing of samples, this entirely culture-independent procedure provides a key to deeper analysis of the fungal samples. In contrast to conventional biological processes that took over a week for identification testing performed on the basis of external appearance and spore morphology (which is often misidentified unless performed by highly skilled technical personnel), FungiFast utilizes massively parallel sequencing of fungal DNA. This test acts as an ideal option in many scenarios, at different levels.
With unmatched turnaround time (48 hours), accuracy and sensitivity, FungiFast is rapidly taking over the conventional techniques of fungal identification. It’s time to put aside observation dependent conservative culture processes of fungal identification.
FungiFast is a test based on a simple workflow
- DNA extraction from test sample (Blood / FFPE tissue / Industrial samples)
- DNA amplification with primers specific to ITS region
- Library preparation
- Template preparation
- Data analysis
- Fungifast provides accurate identification with fast turnaround time
- Invaluable service to healthcare and industry
- Fungifast moves away from conventional techniques
- Quicker, less expensive, more accurate testing
- Better recovery for patients and reduced downtime in industry
Did you know?
Our bodies harbour a total of Ten Thousand Trillion microbial cells, which exceeds the total number of our own body cells. In addition, we inhale and consume an entire load of microbes each day. That makes us walking Petri dishes with shoes! Some of these microbes can be extremely pathogenic and act as causative agents of life-threatening diseases.