A service that provides information and support to people who have or who are at risk of getting genetic disorders. During a consultation, the geneticist will discuss the genetic risks of a person or a family and diagnose the disorder, confirm it or exclude from the disorder. People who are concerned about an inherited disease will benefit from a genetic consultation. A person’s medical and family history are the most important facts while determining the genetic condition of an individual.
Features of genetic disorders
- Life span of an individual with a genetic disorder
- Lifestyle recommendation (quality of life), which means the possibility of carrying out day to day activities
- The potential for getting complications: Disease progression and recurrence
- Guidance on treatment decisions
Other than advising on the impact of genetic disorder and its management, your geneticist will provide you with emotional support on how to deal with disease complications. Ultimately, genetic consultation will benefit you by addressing all problems related to disease, easing your burden during the entire course of disease.
- Credence Genomics advocates genetic consultation
- Credence Genomics geneticists provide a comprehensive consultation
- Tests are performed and predictions fully discussed with patients
- Providing emotional support is an integral part of consultation
- Consultations benefit the patient with a better recovery process
Did you know?
Your geneticist will tell you about the genetic disorder which includes its probable pathway, duration and outcome. Apart from that, they may find out the chance of recovery, though the majority of the genetic conditions are life-long and need to be managed.